Since I posted the previous post about Django, I was reminded that I wanted to link to a post about setting up a Python project in a sane way. I’ve used this approach for all my little toy projects, and it really works well (particularly using virtualenv).
Mostly, I always have to remember a way to Google for Jeff’s blog, so with any luck posting it here will help me remember.
The cliffnotes are:
- install virtualenv/set up virtualenv
- setup Django in the virtualenv
- start a new Django project
- set up a new Git repo for the project
- change the settings to have three sets of installed apps instead of one
- use fabric for deployment (I haven’t gotten this far yet)